Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Summary of the Day: June 27, 2006

It was reported yesterday all over the sports world that Peter Gammons needed surgery following a brain aneurysm. Gammons is one of the best sports reporters in sports, not just baseball. I mean, come on, his face is on the twenty dollar bill. Best wishes on a quick recovery to the Baseball Hall of Famer.

I love it when players make me look good. The day I mention a possible run at .400 by Joe Mauer, he goes 5 for 5 to raise his average to .389.

The Red Sox won their 10th straight game yesterday 9-4 over the Mets. The Yankees lost to the Braves 5-2 and placed another everyday player, 2B Robinson Cano, on the disabled list. They are now separated by 3.5 games in the American League East. Maybe this is the season their places in the standings reverses.

The NBA Draft is tonight. I still stick with the picks I made on Sunday, but given the volatility of the draft, even the "experts" may not come close on predicting the order. I will do a follow-up on the draft sometime in the next few days.

The NFL will begin including amphetamines on their list of banned performance-enhancing drugs in 2007. You just know the other major sports are watching Major League Baseball and trying to be proactive to avoid similar situations.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home