Sunday, December 26, 2004

Sunday Night Thoughts

Hopefully, this will become a regular event on this blog. It just so happens there were events today that deserve recognition.

Sadly, Reggie White, the "Minister of Defense" and formerly the all-time NFL sack leader, passed away today at the age of 43. My thoughts and prayers are with his family, his friends, and the NFL (his other family). The more I heard about Reggie White today, the more I respected him. Said more than anything else was that he was a better person than he was a football player. That means something.

On a happier note, congratulations to Peyton Manning for throwing for his 48th and 49th touchdowns of the season, breaking Dan Marino's record from 1984. Records are made to be broken, and this record was to football as 61 home runs was to baseball. I know Peyton Manning appreciates what he accomplished, which, to me, shows he deserved to be the record breaker.

That is all for today. I am going to refrain from discussing the playoff situation in the NFL, as I feel these notes should stand alone. Merry Christmas and and Happy Holiday season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home