Monday, December 12, 2011

Week 14 Football Thoughts

1. How should New England fans feel about the Green Bay's run at perfection?

I am sure there are some Patriots fans rooting for the Packers to lose and therefore not do what Belichick and Brady failed to do seasons ago. I am not one of them. As far as I am concerned, if Green Bay goes 19-0, I will feel honored to have seen history. Would I rather New England have accomplished it first? Of course, but I am not going to hold that against Green Bay. The Patriots had their chance. If anything, I still feel cheated at the game plan and overconfidence that I feel lost Super Bowl XLII, and I think Patriots fans should respect the attempt at history by the Packers rather than bemoan it.

2. What should everyone think of Tim Tebow?

I will admit that he is not a good passer and that he might he ever be one. I will admit that he is not the only reason Denver has turned their season around. I will admit that the Broncos are not benefiting from divine intervention. However, he might be one of those rare athletes who makes the intangible as tangible as possible. Like Derek Jeter, his will to win seems both real and contagious. Yes, he will have to improve as a passer when defenses adjust, and he may not win at this rate going forward.

But at this point, I would put nothing past him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home